The German Language School (GLS) is one of the newest sections in the Sacramento Turn Verein (STV). Although the Sacramento Turn Verein had sponsored education in German language off and on previously, it acknowledged such education as an important contribution to the greater Sacramento community with the establishment of the section in 2008. Our motto is:
"Providing the highest quality German instruction and cultural experience in a dynamic learning community"
Our policies are to:
- Provide high quality German language instruction to children and adults in support of stated STV and GLS goals.
- Maintain up-to-date curriculum offerings to reflect the needs of the students in the greater Sacramento community.
- Make use of current information technology in the content and delivery of educational offerings; in dissemination of publicity; and in Section and school administration.
- Encourage and maintain strategic partnerships and interactions with related organizations to improve educational programs.
- Invest in faculty pedagogical development to promote excellence and leadership in language arts education.
- Develop and strengthen sound administrative procedures in support of school operations. Remain financially viable through prudent budgeting and successful fund-raising activities.
- Ensure that the GLS is seen as a valued section within the STV. Establish and maintain a reputation for cooperation, teamwork, and support with our parent organization and throughout the greater Sacramento area.
- Conduct an annual fundraising event, the Maifest, for our scholarship fund.
We welcome participation by members, students, and interested persons to help us accomplish our mission to the best of our ability.
Please feel free to contact our Excecutive Board members whose names and email addresses are (effective 2018):
President: Kerstin Feindert, email@example.com
Vice President: Emily Via, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Barbara Mayer-Kielmann, email@example.com
Treasurer: Michael Mayer-Kielmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar: Derek Bolthausen, email@example.com
Publicity: Hector Chavez, firstname.lastname@example.org
STV Representative: Shirley Riemer, email@example.com
Membership: Barbara Mayer-Kielmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship: Susan Pelz, email@example.com
Stammtisch: Hector Chavez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any inquiries related to school matters to:
Jeanette Treiber, email@example.com (student inquiries, curriculum, course placement)
Comments related to this website should be addressed to:
Brian Schaubmayer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our school!